I will like to share some tips that will help you sell your home faster and for more money.
- Price it right from the start. Pricing a home is an art. Work with your your agent on pricing your home. Your agent will do a comparative market analysis (CMA). She will show you comparables for your home and help your price the home right.
- Fix anything that is obviously broken. A cracked windowpane, microwave, dishwasher, range, appliances, any broken light fixture.
- Check the flooring. Replace any bad flooring with engineered or laminate flooring or carpeting as needed. Refinish the hardwood floors.
- Update the interior and exterior. Fresh paint, updated landscaping, new light fixtures are all easy and affordable ways to give your home a makeover.
- Clean and declutter. Remove knick knacks and excess furniture. Make space. The fewer things in the home, the larger it will look.
- Hire a Cleaning service to do a deep cleaning, including washing the windows.
- Depersonalize. Experts suggest removing excessive personal items and family photos. The focus of the buyer should be the home and its features. It will make it easier for buyers to envision their family in the house.
- Enhance your home’s curb appeal. Could mean adding new sod, artificial grass, drought resistance plants. Planting flowers to add color. Trimming and pulling out weeds. Check the door bell and mailbox.
- Stage the home. In today’s market staging is very important. The home should be dressed up and look charming inviting to the buyers. A staged home will sell for substantially more than a non-staged home. It’s true and I have experienced it.
- Make the property easy to show. The more flexible you are about visits, the more people will be able to see your home.
- Go away when the house is shown. Leaving the house also gives them the freedom to discuss its pros and cons honestly with the agent without worrying about offending the seller. The agent can also show them around without any hesitation and have a conversation with clients.